Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Webdesign Update

No, I didn't invent the internet, but I know of someone who thinks that he did...

Work began today on a placeholder page for my web project. I am actually trying to write the HTML and the CSS for this page from scratch. Should be interesting - at the very least it will be a good practice exercise for the big dance that will be coming up when I start trying to configure the Joomla site.

This will be a pretty bare bones version of the ultimate goal, but I hope to be able to make it look the same. It will have very limited functionality. Yet I hope that it will possibly serve as a vaporware version of the final product. One of my good friends has volunteered to be a guinea pig for this proof of concept exercise.

I have spent the better part of (what is now) yesterday converting images to a smaller, more manageable size. It is amazing how much better a 60k jpeg file can be uploaded than a 1.3 M one can. It doesn't look like much has been accomplished, but that is often the way things are at foundational stages, and there is much foundational work going on. Gratefully, the time is coming soon that the structure can begin to go up.

I'll keep you posted on the progress and will let you know when you can check out the vaporware. Thanks for reading!

No comments: