Saturday, February 09, 2008

SJB Update

Well, the StillWaters Jazz Band had a pretty good outing tonight. We played for about 100 folks and were received very well. We had one song that never really came together tonight, but still had a good time. In fact, I'd say that we are getting better. I guess all of that practice is paying off. (Imagine how it would be if I practiced every day!)

We are starting to mesh better as a group and learning how to communicate better with each other while we are playing. I think that we are also getting to know each other's patterns better so we know what to expect. Finally, I think that we are just getting a much better feel for the music. I can tell a huge difference in my soloing from when we had our first practice together. I actually had one tonight that sounded pretty cool.

So, it is confirmed. We will be playing at Dixie's coffee house on Main Street in China Grove next Saturday at 1:00. I hope that you can come out and hear us. (No cover!)

No comments: