Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Coming Along

Today's web building exercises were productive. I got all of the nav bar linked and created the pages to which they would link. I also added most of the content to the main feature of the front page and also added content on the two sidebars.

I realized mid-afternoon why I was having some trouble manipulating the positioning of some of my elements and began to restructure both my HTML and CSS document. I needed to group some of my divisions together instead of leaving them all as individual elements. I think that will make things work much better. I also re-organized my main CSS document to make it easier to find the various elements. Now I think that I finally have the home page organization figured out.

Tomorrow I hope to create the content for my three remaining main elements and hope to get them configured so that they end up in the right places. That will be a major coup. I will also hopefully complete the remaining elements for the side bars. That will probably be more than enough to keep me busy with the time that I will have for tomorrow.

I'm not completely thrilled with the way the page looks just yet, but I am going to go ahead and get everything laid out and possibly even publish it while I fiddle with making the improvements to the design. I doubt that I'll have it published by the weekend unless I am able to work most of the day tomorrow, but it should be up and running next week.

Thanks for reading!

No comments: