Friday, March 21, 2008

Stuff...

Ruby Queen Corn
No earth-shaking words from Heaven last night, but I was able to quiet myself down some and get a good night's rest. I'm not sure if I didn't get "unplugged" sufficiently, or if I am just too over-stimulated to quiet myself enough to hear. I had a couple of things bugging me last night. I must say, though, that I got a very encouraging word from my friend Rick this morning regarding the things that had been bothering me. Perhaps God spoke to him for me...

Today has been an interesting day. I spent a few hours running around with my sister and my niece which was fun. I bought some seed and some soil. I even found a new hybrid corn that produces RED ears (on the corn, not on people - at least I hope so). That was too cool-looking to not buy a packet of seed. I also bought two kinds of basil, rosemary, lavender, and white and purple alyssum. This all got me thinking, "Maybe I should grow a garden this year." Of course I know that it is a lot of work. But I do enjoy working in a garden. Hmmm...

This led to me pondering where I would put this proposed garden, and I have a couple of possible locations picked. Next, what should I plant? I guess that will all depend on how big of a garden I make. Wisdom tells me that I had better start small. I could grow a couple kinds of peas, and tomatoes, and beans, and squash, and cucumbers.... I will need to make up my mind pretty soon, because it is time to start preparing the ground now. At least we have had enough rain lately to soften up the ground.

I have terrible soil here. It is what I have heard called 'bull-tallow' around here. Last summer I planted a tree and it was like digging through un-fired brick. (It probably would have been like FIRED brick by the end of the summer. I thought I'd NEVER get that hole dug.

On the website development front, it would seem that I am heading deeper into the rat-hole. I am afraid that there is no way to avoid doing some database work to make the project fly. Something new to learn I guess. My good friend DP joked that I should go ahead and get my Computer Science degree! It looks like I am earning it one step at a time. I did create an auto-responder that actually did what I wanted it to do the first time tonight! Whoo hoo!

I think that the hardest thing to do is keep all of the details about the business straight in my mind. There are 1,000,001 things to keep up with. I'm pretty sure that if I had known what I was getting into when I started with this crazy idea, I would have never started. But I have to say that I am proud of what I have accomplished so far. Now to start making some moolah from it....

I have to set aside some time soon to start learning PHP. I also have to set some time aside to do some reading on that Content Management Bible. I figure I have read about 50 pages, but in a book with over 1000 that's not even scratching the surface.

The most pressing project right now, however, is to finish up my pricing page, finish a couple of marketing letters, and get geared up to make some phone calls to builders and real estate agents. This part of the project shouldn't be taking me as long as it is. I'm afraid that a little procrastination has kicked in because I know that this is the part where we make it or break it. Oh well, "Blast the torpedoes!"

By the way, I would seriously appreciate any links to RealSalisbury.com.

One of the fun things about learning this stuff is that it gives me a bigger hammer to use in those times where the computer is being a pain. Makes me kind of feel like Thor...

On to global warming.... Just kiddin' I don't have time to launch into a tirade about that tonight. Although I have accumulated some interesting articles about the subject since I last dedicated a post to the topic. I'll have to get back to it soon. In fact, I have several interesting articles to comment on when I can get a little bit of guilt-free blogging time to write some. We'll tackle big oil, the Congress' failure to restrain themselves, and, of course, global warming. I can feel a few good rants coming on...

I suppose that is all for tonight. I hope that each of you will take some time this weekend to worship and reflect on the significance of the death and resurrection of Jesus the Messiah.

No comments: