Saturday, March 01, 2008

Retooling

I spent much of today working on an update to my web page. I am trying to simplify the page and get to where I can actually start making some money from it soon. I made pretty good progress and I'm pretty happy with the results of what I have been able to accomplish today. Of course there is always some little annoying thing that isn't working quite right.

For some reason, the numbers don't add up. I am working with a three column layout. Each of the side columns is 25% of 1024 pixels. The center column is 50%. When I try to make the right column 256 pixels wide, the text isn't wrapping in the element correctly.

I have been playing with fixed positioning on my sidebar elements. I like the idea of being able to keep the sidebars in place when someone is scrolling through content, but it doesn't seem to allow you to scroll to see the entire page in a cascading view or in a window that is smaller than 1024 x 640 pixels.

Enough of all of that technical mumbo-jumbo. I am trying to clean up the lines of the web page and make it a little brighter than the original. I am also trimming back from the grand vision of the webzine to focus on real estate for now. That will generate revenue and allow me to develop the Joomla site in the meantime.

Anyway, hopefully we will be live with the new improved website by the middle of the next week. I'll let you know when it is ready. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Wade Huntsinger said...

HUH, What did you just say?

Jonathan said...

Yeah, I know. Half the time I don't know what I'm talking about either!