Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Discovered A New Band Today

I discovered a new bluegrass band today. They are called Lo-Fi Breakdown. They have a really old school sound. In fact, they really remind me of someone, but I can't quite place them. They are going to be playing in Greensboro soon and it is relatively inexpensive to go and see them. They are playing a really intimate venue too. I think it is $11 to get in. Anyway, you should check them out.

I am also looking forward to the return of Rhonda Vincent and the Rage to Greensboro very close to my birthday this year. I got to see them a couple of years ago and they were amazing. Hopefully I'll get to see them this year too.

One day I'd like to see Allison Krauss and Union Station. Right now her ticket prices are a little out of reach though! They would be well worth it.

I think one of the best bluegrass concerts that I ever got to see was Nickel Creek with Gillian Welch. They were playing at Regency Park in Cary, NC. That was a great venue and two awesome acts. I wasn't familiar with either group's music before I went, but I thoroughly enjoyed both shows.

Well, that's all I've got. Sorry I don't have anything more penetrating tonight. We'll see if I can't get back on track tomorrow!

No comments: