Friday, March 14, 2008

I've Been Tagged...

It would appear that I have been tagged. Here are the rules if you are tagged:

The Rules

1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. List eight (8) random facts about yourself.
3. Tag eight people at the end of this post and list their names.
4. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving them a comment on their blogs.

This could be tough, I really don't interact with that many bloggers right now, but I'll see what I can do...

Rule 1.

I've already linked to Princess Linfoong, a med student in Belfast.

Rule 2.

Eight random facts... here goes:

1.) I used to help my grandfather raise bees.

2.) Like Linfoong I had planned to be married by 25. Something went dreadfully wrong with that plan. Still single at 38.

3.) I started college wanting to be an aerospace engineer, changed that to pre-med, and finally settled on English as my major.

4.) I enjoy being on the water, but my true love is the mountains.

5.) I spent 5 months in Dundee, Scotland doing missions work after I graduated from college.

6.) One day I plan to learn how to fly.

7.) I began seminary at Reformed Theological Seminary in Charlotte about 2 years ago. I hope to finish before I die.

8.) I want to visit Belfast in the next 2 years.

There you go. Now I have to figure out who to tag. This may take a little while. I'll tag Wade, Trey (although he probably doesn't have time to do this), aelfeld, David, Patrick, Kelley, Cephas, and Deborah. They are all good blogs regardless of whether they respond or not.

2 comments:

Pwincess linfoong said...

in 2 Corinthians 7:7 it is stated that not everyone needs to get married. each of us are destined by god to do diff things.

ive allowed a plan B that if i dont get married, i will adopt a child :D

oh yea and if you dont get married, you have more time to serve god! :D

linfoong

Jonathan said...

Thanks, Linfoong. What you say is true. There are many very difficult things that I have been through since I was 25 that would have been painful to take a wife and family through. I have learned much since then and have served God much during that time.

I do still consider Psalm 37:4 something of a promise to this desire. I have given this desire to the Lord many times over the years and it keeps coming back.

Between that and some other encouragements that I have had from other brothers and sisters, I am trusting that this is a "God's timing" thing and that He is preparing someone very special for when the time is right.

I must admit that I get a bit tweaked when I see someone get marriage bestowed on them early - especially when I know that they haven't paid any dues or when I know that they have no idea about how to even begin to be a good spouse, but then again, I also wouldn't want the kind of marriage they usually end up with either.

At this point in my life I'd rather stay single than end up in a marriage that was even on the good side of average. I want fabulous or I'll just remain as I am.