Saturday, September 15, 2007

What Would Churchill Do?

If a candidate came out and did what Cliff May suggests in the article linked below, that candidate would be hard to ignore be he Republican or Democrat.

Advice for a Presidential Candidate: What would Winston Churchill Do?
By Cliff May


President Bush acted like this in the days immediately following the attacks of 9/11, and I have never trusted or loved a president more. I would love to have someone in the White House who would tell it like it is without worrying what anyone in the world thought about it. Washington seems to fear the truth more than Taiwan fears the Chinese.

2 comments:

Wade Huntsinger said...

So true.....I too was so filled with Love for that man but since then I have become disappointed in him for several reasons not just the war. No one is perfect and after all he is just a politician. Things went great Sunday, thanks for asking, Blessings, Wade

Jonathan said...

I know what you mean. I keep trying to remember how I felt about Reagan during his second term. It seems like with the whole Iran-Contra thing I was pretty disillusioned with him too, but now I view him as one of our greatest presidents. I wonder how Dubya will fare with the passage of some time.

While I have been disappointed with Dubya about some things and while I disagree with some things that he has done this second term, I am not disgusted with him by a long shot. I think the thing that hurts me most is that I really want to seem him succeed and go out as high as he came in. I do hope that he will be vindicated in some of the lies told about him in the coming year.