Friday, September 14, 2007

Happy Birthday!

I woke up this morning to discover that I had been given the most wonderful birthday present that I could imagine! And it came from someone who rarely packages gifts for special days. That isn't to say that this person is not generous - just the opposite. He gives gifts to everyone every day. He is so generous that we often take His gifts for granted.

This morning I woke up to discover that God gave me rain for my birthday!

I have been begging for rain for the past few weeks. And I begged in earnest yesterday. But God made the rain wait for my birthday. I had even said earlier this week that that would be the best birthday present ever! What an old softie!

Jesus loves me
This I know
For the Bible
Tells me so.
Little ones
To Him belong;
They are weak,
But He is strong.
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
The Bible tells me so.

No comments: