Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Good News!

I think that I mentioned in my tirade against the global warming myth that North Carolina has had a number of success stories in their attempts to undo the environmental stupidity, wastefulness, ignorance or whatever you want to call it of the past several hundred years. I found another success story article today.

Endangered Minnow Said To Be Rebounding In NC

Kind of makes you not mind paying for that fishing/hunting license. I am really glad to see the efforts that have been made to help protect NC's natural resources - especially wildlife. One of the areas that I have already seen producing fruit is in the creel limits and size limits of fish caught at the ocean. I hope to one day see the vast schools of fish that I have heard about from my Grandfather and my Father. It is hard to imagine just how much damage has been done to fish populations in just a generation. Hopefully by the time I have grandkids the damage will be reversed.

I know it is a little Utopian, but it doesn't hurt to dream.

No comments: