Monday, September 24, 2007

New Respect

I saw the headline and thought, "What the heck is he doing?!"

Bush Quietly Advising Hillary Clinton

Then I read it. Man.

President Bush just went up in my respect a pretty good bit. He is thinking past his term and thinking about what is best for our country. Our security is more important to him than the political games going on among all of the candidates.

He wants to make sure that they are all able to do what is best for the country regardless of who wins. I will be sorely disappointed if a Democrat is elected, but if one happens to, hopefully, they will have gained some wisdom from Dubya.

4 comments:

Wade Huntsinger said...

Yes, I will think history will show him to be a great president. I truly admire his decision to decide and stick with it. I think he knows what defeat will lead to and his aim to make this a safer country. Good post.

Jonathan said...

Thanks, Wade. I agree. At the end of his second term even President Reagan didn't seem so shiny. Why is it that we can't recognize greatness when it is right in front of us? I guess we shouldn't be too surprised, though. God Himself showed up and we killed Him.

There have been some disappointments, but the bottom line is that we don't have access to the information that he does. We would have perhaps found ourselves in the same situations and unable to do anything about it due to political situations or repercussions of which most of us are blissfully unaware.

Anonymous said...

Well, you know what they say. Childrens do learn.

Jonathan said...

Hey, you're pretty funny. I'll bet you're really smart. Did you go to school at Yale? Here's a code for you. See if you can figure out what it means: Pr9:12