Saturday, September 08, 2007

Did You Hear About The German Terrorists?

There is a very interesting entry at Powerline called Connect the Dots

In the article they discuss that the captured terrorists were supposed to strike by September 15 - which would coincide with the report by General Petraeus.

First of all, I wish these terrorists would quit trying to help me have a happy birthday. 9/11 was plenty close to my birthday and 9/15 is even closer. If you want to make me happy, either repent or blow yourself and all the other terrorists in your organization up... preferably in the middle of the desert.

I don't think that these guys get the American psyche. They want to sting us, when our general is about to tell us that things are going well and we can start to draw down troop levels. That's just dumb. All that is going to do is cause us to renew our resolve to fight. It would also nearly guarantee a Republican surge in the next election. That seems to be antithetical to the goal of winning and creating a worldwide Islamic state. That is their goal, right?

Is it possible that Al Quaeda is a diversion from something else? Hmmm. Could Al Quaeda be in cahoots with another enemy of America that would be benefitted by our distraction? Definitely something to consider. If that isn't the case, then I'm thinking that I gave Al Quaeda too much credit.

No comments: