Thursday, July 08, 2004

Didn't Believe What I Told You About Edwards?

Found several articles on John Edwards today that provide empirical data supporting my claims yesterday. Here are a few for your enjoyment:

In Desparate Move, Kerry Adopts Puppy - By Ann Coulter
Edwards's Glaring Weakness - By Jeff Jacoby
See Where Edwards Put His Money - By James Pinkerton

I particularly liked one that I got from a Newsmax email that stated that the Kerry/Edwards ticket is further left even than Ted Kennedy. Here are a few excerpts:


According to Americans for Democratic Action, the left's most widely cited arbiter of voting records, this year's Democrat slate is even more radical than the losers of 1984.

The organization, which has endorsed John Kerry for president, says, "Since ADA's founding in 1947, the Annual Voting Records have served as the standard measure of political liberalism."

According to that voting record:
· Walter Mondale's lifetime rating was 90 percent. Kerry's lifetime rating is 92 percent.
· Geraldine Ferraro's lifetime rating from ADA in 1984 was 79 percent. John Edwards' lifetime rating is 81 percent.

So much for all those bogus claims from the media establishment that Edwards is a "centrist."
At least the Boston Herald today had the guts to run this banner headline: "THEY'RE LEFT OF TED!" It quoted the Heritage Foundation's Tripp Baird as saying, "Anyone to the left of Ted Kennedy can't be good for business."
I read another article today that demonstrated Edwards' voting record on taxation. I wish I could find it again to link for you. He voted against every tax cut President Bush has passed since coming into office. If you feel something moving around in your pockets, you'd better check. It might just be John Edwards. I told you I'm not making it up! Edwards is bad news.

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

Yeah, I know what you mean. Hopefully, we won't have to worry about it.