Thursday, July 08, 2004

American Steel


Unreserved Posted by Hello

News reports today point to a terrorist threat leading up to the US election. No surprises there. They want to see if we'll tuck and run like Spain and the Philippines did. The terrorists are apparently betting that if they kill a few hundred people we'll all roll over and wet ourselves and elect someone who will leave them alone. I wonder who that could be?

If it were fifty years ago I could guarantee what the response to any combatant that would attack America during an election would be. First we would vote exactly the opposite of the way that the attacker wanted us to, and then we would go out and hunt down the people who dared make war against us. I'm not sure that everyone would do that now, but I think that there are still quite a few who would.

I would still go to the polls even if Al Qaeda terrorists stationed themselves around the door. Granted, I would stop a little ways away with my .308 until I had taken care of the problem. And I'm betting I'd have some help. Ain't the Second Amendment a grand thing!

I certainly hope that American voters haven't become such cowards that they would allow a terrorist act to make them run or dictate how they vote. I think that we're still made of much stronger stuff than that.

No comments: