Monday, July 19, 2004

Al - most - there!


WATER!!! Posted by Hello

OK, not quite, but we're getting close now. My plumber is MUCH more efficient than the beautiful, but slow, town of China Grove. As of today the water line is ready to be buried and attached to my happening new city water tap.

Ah, but you are wondering where I have been.

It is quite a story; sad, but true.

See, I had actually planned to write the next day and tell you all about whether my city tap had been installed or not. (Had I done so, I would have incorrectly accused the city of stealing a sign post of mine that I had put in the yard to show them where I wanted the new tap to be installed. As it turns out, the town didn't steal the post but they DID damage it. My dad found it in the yard and picked it up for me. But that is neither here nor there.) As it turned out, Tuesday at lunch I suddenly got an extremely sore throat. I tried to shrug it off, but as the afternoon wore on it got worse and worse and worse. The next morning there was no improvement, so I stayed home from work and went to see the doctor. I spent the rest of the week recovering from this sickness that had jumped on me like a tap dancing hippo at a polka festival. As you can imagine, you don't get over a tap dancing hippo at a polka festival quickly, and I'm still a little woozy from the whole thing!

Anyway, long story short, is that true to his word, Mr. Foreman had gotten my tap installed the very next day. (And there was much rejoicing.)

So, unless there are any unforseen problems I should be back in my house with water running by tomorrow evening.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: