Friday, June 04, 2004

EEK! Another one!

The Blogsphere has been described as a dung heap. While I am sure that in many instances that must be true, I would liken it more to a compost heap. You get all kinds of interesting (OK, it would only be interesting if your idea of a good time is cleaning out college students' refrigerators) stuff in a compost heap. Over here you get a little overripe vegetable material, some dirt over there, some icebox science project to provide active cultures, fresh grass cuttings, Fido's - er - leftovers, all mixed together into a big festering heap. An environment like that can generate some pretty impressive new life forms... especially in a place like Discworld. Unfortunately, our planet doesn't usually create anything new and interesting out of cesspools and compost heaps... in spite of what "they" regularly tell us.

"In the days before the dawn of time the face of the earth was dark (except for the explosive volcanic eruptions that shook the earth and sent glowing streams of lava skulking along until they sizzled into the primordial sludge giving off great plumes of rancid, sulfurous steam). Lightning flashed across the sky and an immense bolt struck the surface of the deep, and lo, out of the sludge a simple virus burst into existence. Blah, blah, blah... and here we are"


So why would I, like some otherworldly evolutionary experiment decide to emerge into the blogworld? I don't really know; I guess I'll just do it for the money. (I thought that sounded better than admitting that I really don't have a life outside of work and that other bloggers seemed to be having so much fun.)

Anyway, this will give me the opportunity to run my, um, fingers, about whatever is on my mind on any given day. I can even pretend that it is important since it is on the internet. Ain't technology grand?!

No comments: