Thursday, May 08, 2008

Just In Case You Were Wondering...

I am just about done with the document that will give you additional pictures of the car. Once I have that worked out it shouldn't take too long to get the extras of the tractor. I'm trying some new stuff that should end up expanding my web design experience and capabilities. It is fun.

I haven't posted much about the website lately because it has been on the back burner a little while. I am trying to get my sister's site up and running, and I am very close to having it finished. She has to write some text for the "About Me" section, I have to do a little formatting on the home page and finish my text on that page, and I need to play with the PHP to automatically detect the end-user's browser and pick the right style sheet.

I think that the PHP shouldn't be that hard, but I really haven't learned that much about PHP, and I haven't worked with it at all, so wisdom (and past experience) tells me that it may not be as easy as hoped for. This of course tends to stoke the procrastination fires, and I have to admit that I have been putting it off a little bit for that very reason. Still, it needs to be finished.

There are some interesting developments that may put the commercial website on hold for the time being. I can't go into the details here - at least not until they become a reality - but let it suffice it to say that it would be a good thing. I still intend to finish the website, but perhaps not in the way I had originally planned. If this works out it will be great.

I also have another website that I need to finish up for another friend. I have 95% of the content done, but need to redo the formatting. With what I have learned over the past couple of months I should be able to crank out this website in a couple days' work. Yet one more place where having that PHP code functional will be useful. I guess I have to quit putting it off and jump in and see if I can get it to work.

So that's where things stand for now. I'll give you the address as soon as I get my sister's website live.

No comments: