Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A Brief Gardening Update

Mark Twain wrote a great book called Puddinhead Wilson. The book is about an outsider who moves into a small Southern town. One day an obnoxious dog was bothering him with its incessant barking. The main character of the book, a man named Wilson, commented to one of the locals, "I wish I owned half of that dog." To which the local of course replied, "Why?" Mr. Wilson said, "'Cause I'd kill my half if I did." This earned him the title "Puddinhead" because his dry sense of humor was lost on the local populace.

I wish I owned half of my dad's tiller...

Today was rough. I picked up twice as many stones (and still left several piles to be removed.) The tiller was even fussier today than yesterday. I finally managed to get the plot for my corn about ¾ tilled and got one row of corn planted.

I don't know if I can take much more of that tiller. I won't get into it tonight because I'm headed for bed, but let it suffice to say that it was more work than it should have been to get that little plot done.

If the rain holds off long enough I will try to finish tilling and planting the corn. We'll see how that goes. I'll try to update again tomorrow. Thanks for reading!

No comments: