Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Here's Your Hat. What's Your Hurry?

Baby Cardinal Out Of Its Nest

Thought you might like an update on my new neighbors.... They left. I mean I know I'm not the greatest neighbor, but they didn't even say goodbye! Perhaps they were bothered by the very large peeping-Tom that they had to contend with during daylight hours.

I took the photo above on Saturday late in the afternoon. I really didn't get close enough to look in the nest, but I saw this guy perched on one of the branches. Little did I know it would be the last time I saw him... or her. It is kind of hard to tell at this stage.

Anyway Sunday was cold and rainy, so I didn't think anything about not hearing them. I figured they were hunkered down in their little nest (like I was) trying to stay warm. When I didn't hear them at all yesterday I decided to check it out. Turns out they had paid their bill and left.

I'm pretty sure this little guy didn't fly away, but I truly have no idea where he (or she) or his (or her) brothers (or sisters) went.

No comments: