Saturday, November 24, 2007

A Quote For Today

Republicans used to have leaders and role models like Ronald Reagan and Bob Dole. Now it's Rudy Giuliani and Britney Spears. Far better than Barbara Streisand and her idiot "Happy 911" husband. Far better than Al Sharpton and Dick Durbin. But not the kind of people a religious person can get excited about supporting. I may be a pretty weak Christian, but I would never help women hold onto the right to have convenience abortions, and I don't like knowing I may eventually have to vote for a person who did. Either him or a guy who belongs to a heretical cult. Or Fred Thompson, who will have to have a special Secret Service detail to roll him out of bed at noon. Thompson is a disgrace. I actually took his campaign seriously; it's too bad he'll never be able to say the same. A prominent conservative media figure used the word "pathetic" to describe Thompson to me in an email. I thought that was harsh, but as time passes, it seems more and more appropriate.

When politics and religion agree, it's purely coincidental, so I should have known a long time ago that my love affair with the GOP was not going to last. The GOP is by far the lesser of two evils, but it's not worth my full-time support.


- Steve H. Graham @ Hog On Ice

No comments: