Wednesday, November 28, 2007

iHay CARAMBA!

Well, things MAY be moving forward again on the website... MAY. My friend DavidP sent me a link to a good Joomla tutorial today that is proving to be very informational. (And he also sent me a link to the mental hospital at Broughton just in case that doesn't work!)

I must say that I do feel vindicated somewhat after working through some of the tutorial. There is absolutely NO WAY that I would have been able to figure out what I was doing on my own. If Joomla is the most user-friendly CMS software available I certainly don't want to see or use any of the rest of it. I wonder if part of the difficulty is that I am familiar with Windows programming standards. Perhaps this software is adhering to Unix standards? Regardless, the software is not intuitive at all.

I come back to my earlier lament that this would be so much easier if I knew HTML. But I don't, so I have to make do with what I do know, and I'm learning new stuff every day. I even learned a couple of new Windows tricks today.



DavidP, I already owe you at least a case of Little Debbie Nutty Bars and a gallon of whole milk. It may be a truckload and a cow by the time this project is finished! Thanks for your help.

No comments: