Friday, November 09, 2007

Good News

I've been busy working on website design still. That's why I didn't get any posting done yesterday. But I saw this over at Babalu Blog and thought it was worth sharing.



The Iraqis asked me to convey a message of thanks to the American people. ” Thank you, thank you,” the people were saying. One man said, “Thank you for peace.” Another man, a Muslim, said “All the people, all the people in Iraq, Muslim and Christian, is brother.” The men and women were holding bells, and for the first time in memory freedom rang over the ravaged land between two rivers.
Now there. Isn't that a much better story than the defeatist headlines yesterday that said, "2007 Is Deadliest Year for US in Iraq"?

I can't tell you how sick I am of the press in our country. Always some alarmist headline that makes it sound like our annihilation is imminent, but never really reporting about the genuine threats to our security. I wish I knew what the solution is. If it weren't for talk radio and the blog world there would be no hope of getting a clear picture of what is really going on. Yes, Fox News pretends to be fair and balanced, but the simple fact of the matter is that they are no better than anyone else.

Whatever happened to journalistic objectivity and responsibility? Whatever happened to "just the facts?" I don't think that the Founders ever intended the First Amendment to allow people to report lies and half-truths as fact. And I, for one, am sick and tired of being spoon fed opinions by people who hate this country and don't have sense enough to pour piss out of a boot with the instructions printed on the heel.

No comments: