Thursday, January 08, 2009

That Those Serving The Obama Administration Would Be Guided By God's Word

The White House at night
For the members of the new administration from the President and Vice President to the West Wing to clerical workers at every level to be guided by the Holy Scriptures as they serve

How sweet are Your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth! I gain understanding from Your precepts; therefore I hate every wrong path. Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.
—Psalm 119:103-105


O Lord God, how I praise You for the love You showed us in giving Your Son Jesus Christ, the Living Word who was, who is, and who is to come. Thank You for providing Your holy Word to guide our path as we seek and serve You. May Your Word be lifted up, honored and obeyed by all Americans in the days and weeks to come.

As the members of the new administration are identified, appointed and hired to serve in specific positions of service to our government, I pray that they will be guided by Your Word. Shine the light of Your truth on their paths, Lord, so they may experience the sweetness of walking in Your truth. Do this, O Lord, for Your Name’s sake. In Jesus’ name, amen.

No comments: