Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Konnichiwa - To the Rising Sun with The Risen SON (Part 1)

Mount FujiHello there friends. Sorry it has been a while since I have posted. Things have been pretty busy lately. I have been working on some new disciplines and it has rather upset the applecart of my schedule. I'm still trying to figure out how to balance everything and get stuff done.

In the news of what is happening with me, it would seem that I will be going to Japan for a short mission trip in the middle of February.

I had been praying for a friend recently who made a trip to Japan last year. I had just finished praying about him taking another trip to Japan when I got an email from him asking if I wanted to go there with him. Something inside of me said, "Sure!" So we began to talk about the trip. It was clear that he was supposed to go. There were ample signs to that effect, but it wasn't so clear that I was.

After all, my finances haven't been the most hearty in the past couple of years. How would I go? How would I finance it? How could I justify it?

I even went as far as to go up and visit with my friend. At the time I thought, "Nah, I'm probably just supposed to lend logistical support." To be honest I kind of put it out of my mind. There was no way it was going to be feasible.

Yet, the question wasn't answered for sure and I had frankly been dodging the question in the prayer room. Don't ask me why. But last Tuesday I finally got back around to talking to the Lord about it and He made it pretty clear that I am supposed to go. I still don't know how. I still don't know why, but I believe that I am supposed to go.

The Lord has begun to bring in the finances for the trip. That is an exciting thing, but I guess the Lord pays for the projects that He has endorsed. Hopefully, we will have the full amount for the trip before we leave and hopefully my passport will be here in time. I ordered it last Friday morning and there was a two week wait. That gives me just one day of cushion. Definitely cutting it close.

We still don't know exactly what we'll be doing on the trip, but we are trusting the Lord to guide us. I'm going with my friend who spent a month in country a couple years ago. He documented his trip in his blog, David's Mobile Blog. I will update you here as the news unfolds, and I'll be sure to post some updates and pictures from the trip while we are there. I guess that is all for now. More to come soon!

NOTE: Thanks to my cousin, Gary, for the title suggestion for this series and the admonition that I should be journaling this experience.

No comments: