Thursday, August 23, 2007

Into the Great Wide Open

Today, my best friend from college has left on a quest to discover God's will for him and his family... in Japan. I think that this is the coolest thing.

I always believed that he was called to some kind of vocational ministry, but worried that he either didn't see it or had indefinitely postponed it when he got married. I guess that is why I was so jazzed when he told me what he was about to do.

It takes all kinds of moxy to just pack up and leave your family for a month and go to the other side of the world just to hear what God will say to you. It is bold and daring. I can't wait to hear what the Lord tells him to do.

DavidP tells me that he is going to be blogging about his experiences while he is there. I have linked to his blog here and also have it posted under "Good Reading." Check it out!

No comments: