Thursday, August 16, 2007

Has it really been over a year?

Wow, talk about a slacker! I really can't believe that it has been this long since I have posted here. It's been an interesting year, though, capped by 8 months of living off of the provision of God. It's been unbelievable really, and, though I'm not out of the woods yet, the trees are beginning to thin a bit.

I often look at this journey that I am on and wonder what in the world I have gotten myself into. These past months have taught me that living on the edge is a pretty intense place to live - and I have never been much of an adrenaline junkie. First born, cautious, look before you leap sort of guy - not the type that you would ever expect to do something crazy like quit your job before you had found a new one. That's just nuts. Letting God call the shots has been at moments a completely harrowing and alternately utterly exhilarating experience. It is too late tonight to get into details, but over the next little while I will describe what this journey has been like and identify some of the Ebenezers that have been erected along the way.

One of the first reactions that I had to the adversity that I have faced has been one of self-pity, but as I have matured through this process, I have seen that there are lots of people who have it rough. I am not the only person whose life is in chaos. That has been a great revelation to me. Fortunately, at this moment I am handling things well. There are those moments when I'm not doing so good, but they are becoming fewer and further between.

At the moment I am terribly excited about a decision that one of my good friends has made. He is totally stepping out of the boat and going to Japan for a month to seek God's will for the next step in his life. He leaves next week. I have added his blog David P Mobile to my sidebar. Check on it. I think that it is going to be an interesting journey.

Well, I guess that is about it for now. I will try to write some more tomorrow.

No comments: