Thursday, August 23, 2007

20/20

Well, it looks like I am back to commenting on things that I see in the news. I guess that is fine, but I don't know that it is what I want this whole blog to be about. There are plenty of things to write about that are happening in the world and lots of things that I am frustrated about politically here. I guess where I am coming from is that I can talk about these things, but what good does it really do? Most of the folks who would read this blog will agree with what I have to say, so why say it?

Still, I guess it is good to be able to vent from time to time, as I am often flummoxed by some of the things that I read. I am just amazed that there are people who think in these ways and act in these ways. It just doesn't fit with my world view at all. The real danger in it all is that I get so frustrated by the stupidity that I end up losing my peace and getting angry about something that my anger won't solve.

It is just like the Hollywood party girls. I can't imagine living the way Lohan, Ritchie, Spears, Hilton and company do. I really feel sorry for them - especially Lohan and Spears - when it seems that their lives are set on self-destruct. It is pitiful really. It just makes me wonder what on earth happened to these people to make them act this way? The cavern in their soul must be massive. I wonder if they know that they are miserable. Britney seems to have a clue that she is. I wish that they knew Jesus.

Not that that would make everything better right away, mind you. I still deal with my own self-destructive tendencies, and I have been a disciple for 19 years. Still, things are a lot better since I found Him, or more approprately, since He apprehended me. I can see the way that He is working in my life to actually heal the wounds that have caused me to act the way that I do. Thank God that there is much less left to be healed than there was even four years ago. Those girls need Jesus so that the pit that they are falling down will actually have a bottom. May He have mercy on them.

I hope to write more about the things that have been going on with me over the past year. I guess the reason that I haven't yet is that I know it is going to take a lot of time to do justice to this season of my life. I guess I should have been blogging all along. Oh well, it will probably make more sense now anyway. Hindsight is 20/20!

No comments: