Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sovereignty

The White House - view from the mall
For God Himself to be at work choosing those who will serve in the new administration

"Yet the LORD, the God of Israel, chose me from my whole family to be king over Israel forever. He chose Judah as leader, and from the house of Judah He chose my family, and from my father's sons He was pleased to make me king over all Israel.
—1 Chronicles 28:4


O Holy Lord God, You are Lord of all time and history, and You reign over it in perfect authority and sovereignty. We trust in Your wisdom and Your ways. You call out those You desire to serve You, and You remove those who are not part of Your plans. I praise You for this, and I trust You in it.

As our newly-elected President makes plans for his administration, I ask that You identify for him those leaders who You want to serve our country in the coming months and years. I ask for godly, wise persons who will have integrity in all things. I ask for those who will submit their wills to Yours in faith. In Jesus’ name, amen.

This is the latest in the series of prayers led by the Presidential Prayer Team for the new President and for our nation. If you are interested in receiving the email with each day's prayer assignment you can click here and sign up.

No comments: