Saturday, May 09, 2009

Interesting Day

Today has been an interesting day. I have spent some time working on projects that have been delayed for one reason or another (but mostly by procrastination) for weeks. I have completed some writing, and now I am trying to decide to do with the rest of my afternoon - not that there is that much left of it. The problem isn't with having something to do. It is more along the lines of which can of worms do I open next?

The temptation is certainly to open no cans, but sit on mine and watch a movie! But after my last post, I'm thinking that might not be the best use of my time. There are plenty of other things to write today. I have some topics in mind that will follow the post on Total War pretty well too. The question is do I want to plunge in that deeply this evening?

I could practice my guitar, and I could do some minor gardening - both of which need to be done. I'm leaning toward gardening first, getting cleaned up, and then seeing about the guitar. There you go. Problem solved. That is probably manageable and will leave me something concrete to work on next week - not that I need any help with that. There is always something to do.

Next week will hopefully involve major gardening if the weather will cooperate. I need to get my ground tilled, my plants set out and my seed in the ground. There is weeding/hoeing to be done, and I need to put up trellises for my peas to climb. Did I mention that there is always something to do? Any of the bored people out there want to tell me how they manage to have nothing to do? I'd be glad to share!

There have been interesting issues with the computer lately. The issue du jour is that I can't get into my email. At first I could see the email but couldn't open it. Now I can't even view the headers. I'm getting some sort of "unhandled error." It is the same problem that I had with it when I was in Japan.

I have written an article that I hope to get published soon. It is about fishing trips. I may publish it here until I can get a buyer. I'm exploring the world of freelance writing. There are many possible outlets for writing and many of them seem to pay pretty well. One of the things that I find most compelling about this possibility is that there are so many publications out there on so many different topics that I could concievably write about something different every day.

Yes, things are stirring here. I hope the change of the seasons is bringing about a good change for me too!

No comments: