Monday, July 14, 2008

Happy Bastille Day...

I am so glad that the American Revolution didn't go the way the French one did.

Sorry I haven't posted much lately. I have had lots of fires to put out... in fact, I nearly had a literal fire today.

I was out mowing and started seeing smoke. Well, when I stopped there was a black and ominously smoking patch of grass on the mower deck. I scraped out as much as I could and called it a day. That's the last thing I need!

How would you explain that one at the pearly gates? "How did you die?"

"Well, my lawn mower caught fire..."

I can just see it now.

Things are getting pretty busy around and I just haven't had a lot of spare time to write. It is a shame because I have a lot of things that I would like to say, just not a lot of time in which to say them. Most of the stuff I want to write about will take me a while to say just the right way and will require a little research. I will do my best to get you caught up on my various threads of activity.

The garden is still doing well. The garden peas are about done it looks like. I need to pick them tomorrow. I won't go into too much about that right now because I want to do a full garden post this week, so I'll keep you in suspense for a bit.

I am also starting to get busy doing web design. I have a couple things that are pressing right now. Unfortunately, that takes precedence over blogging. Still it looks like my self-education has begun to pay off.

I have also begun to work with the youth at my church to put together a youth praise band. We had our first rehearsal last night and they did very well. We managed to get through "Take My Life" and it sounded about good enough for them to lead the congregation. We also started on "Every Step I Take." We didn't get all the kinks worked out, but I think that next week we'll probably have that one conquered too. I'm really impressed by the talent in this little country church.

Well, I suppose that is about all I will tackle for tonight. Hope all is well for you, and I'll be writing again soon!

No comments: