Monday, December 27, 2004

You Better Watch Out...


Betcha Didn't Know Santa Carries an M-16! Posted by Hello

That's my buddy, Kevin, who I have mentioned in this blog several times. He is a chaplain's assistant in Iraq with the 1st Battalion 23rd Marines. According to an email that I got from his wife, Kevin went out on a convoy dressed like that! He apparently attracted a lot of attention from some passing Army convoys and a couple of farmers. I can't imagine why! I know the worst of the war there is over, but wearing a bright red suit on a convoy in a country that has plenty of hostiles isn't my idea of a safe way to spend the holidays! That would take cahunas of solid steel. If you hear ringing, they aren't sleigh bells!

Anyway, Kevin and his chaplain were able to distribute about 1,200 stockings filled with goodies from home to the men in his unit in Operation Christmas Stocking, spearheaded by the chaplain's and Kevin's respective wives.

Well, as the picture clearly shows, Santa is packing heat. So I'd recommend "You'd better watch out; you'd better not cry; you'd better not pout I'm telling you why" - Santa's got an M-16 and kevlar body armor! OOO-rah!

No comments: