Thursday, December 23, 2004

Shop At Wal-Mart


A Good Neighbor... Posted by Hello

Hi folks! I found out that today and tomorrow Wal-Mart will match every dollar dropped into a Salvation Army kettle in front of one of their stores. This is tremendous! Please show your appreciation to Wal-Mart by shopping at their stores as you finish up your Christmas shopping in the next couple of days and don't forget to give generously to the Salvation Army when you do.

Isn't it amazing how different the approaches of two different companies can be? Target has decided to shun the Salvation Army by not allowing their bell ringers to station themselves outside Target stores. However, Wal-Mart doesn't seem to have a problem with the Salvation Army.

I'll just go out on a limb and make a bold prediction: Target will ultimately lose the retail battle to Wal-Mart. I really wouldn't be surprised to hear that Target's holiday receipts are 10% lower than expected this holiday season. It couldn't happen to a more deserving company.

I'm glad that Wal-Mart "gets it." They will continue to receive my patronage. Obviously Target doesn't. I kind of hope I get a gift purchased at Target (with cash, preferably.) That way I can take the gift back, get cash, tell them why I think that they are evil, and tell them why I'm getting ready to go and buy the same item at Wal-Mart.

Remember: through Christmas Eve Wal-Mart is matching donations to the Salvation Army in front of their stores dollar for dollar.

Merry Christmas!

No comments: