Monday, December 13, 2004

Hard to Believe...

Well folks, I must apologize for leaving you for so long. I never really intended for it to go so long. Wow. I really haven't written since a few days before Thanksgiving.

I had planned to write this really great post about all of the things that I'm thankful for, but never really managed to get back into the office to get it written. By the time that I did make it back, it was kind of too late to do an official "Thanksgiving" post. The night that I had actually planned to do the post I started doing some research and before I knew it the night had gotten away from me, I hadn't written a thing and I was too tired to start at that point. Perhaps I'll go a little unconventional and do a "Thanksgiving" post some time other than Thanksgiving. There is plenty to be thankful for.

In spite of the sibling situation, things went fairly well for the holiday. Of course, I wasn't on the list of favorite people, but I'm used to that.

During the Thanksgiving break I did experiment with modifying a cheesecake recipe for a cherry/chocolate cheesecake. It turned out pretty well, but could use some improvement. I'll probably attempt round two today or tomorrow. I'll try to post a picture of it.

So now we are in the home stretch for Christmas. I have managed to take care of most of my major presents. I still need to do some cooking and put together a care package for Kevin over in Iraq and some similar gifts. I still have to round out my presents for my sister's family and finish up for my grandparents.

Speaking of Christmas shopping, I hope that none of you are shopping at Target. They are still on the evil list. Here is the real shocker: Target has taken a position left of Borders bookstores. Most bookstores are so liberal that it is scary, but Borders is allowing the Salvation Army to solicit funds from in front of their stores. If you have any readers on your shopping list and you have a Borders close by, please make it a point to patronize their store.

WB is getting ready to demolish his house in the aftermath of Ivan. I'm hoping that he will be able to build something substantially better in its place.

Well, that is enough rambling for one night. Hopefully, this will get me back in the groove of posting.

No comments: