Monday, October 04, 2004

Sorry I've Been AWOL...

Gee, maybe I'd better change that title. If I ever run for President, some pinhead newsman may bring it out as a smoking gun. I guess I'll leave it there. As we have seen, the news folks don't necessarily need any real proof for what they report, and if you are running for President, you just have to expect them to play dirty.

So, where have I been? Swamped. I have been trying to help out over on the Operation Enduring Service blog and I have also been trying to help WB with some details for Beauchamp Tower Corporation. In addition to that, I'm trying to actually do sell some houses and earn my keep. Beyond that, I'm trying to maintain some correspondence that has been keeping me busy, and, of all things, trying to prepare my house for a party this weekend. I hate to admit it, but my blog has just been pretty low on the totem pole. I do hope that I'll have time to do some more thoughtful writing soon, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Two weeks from now I'll be out of pocket on the annual fishing trip that I take with my Dad and Grandfather. I'm hoping that the fish will be biting for a change!

Well, I need to get out of here for the time being. I've been reading a really good book called Desiring God that I'd like to comment on here. It is unlike most books that I have read lately. It actually takes some thought to read it. Most Christian books are alot of fluff with a little substance, whereas this one is alot of substance with very little fluff. As I said earlier, I look forward to discussing some of the insights that I am gaining from the book in the near future.

I also want to send out my condolences to Chris Muir, the creator of the Day by Day comic strip, on the loss of his mother. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

OK. I'm really leaving now. It has been an incredibly long day, and I'm going back to my cave. Grrrr.

No comments: