Monday, October 25, 2004

I'm BAAAACK! (Again)


Hatteras Island, NC Posted by Hello

Hello, all! It is good to be back home and able to do some writing. I thoroughly enjoyed my trip to the NC coast and was able to thoroughly get the fishing bug out of my system for a little while. It is always interesting to see what happens while you are gone on such a trip.

While I was gone, Fall has hit here full force. It reminded me of why I could never live on Hatteras Island. Don't get me wrong. There is a rugged, unspoiled beauty to it that is intriguing. However, for me, it is a nice place to visit, but give me colors in the Fall. I guess this opinion was reinforced more and more as we returned home. While we were still in the Coastal Plain there wasn't too much of an impression, but as we neared my beloved Piedmont the color of the trees was so awesome. I only wish that I'd been able to visit the mountains this year. Perhaps I'll got there and visit my Grandmother this weekend. Unfortunately, I expect that the leaves will be largely gone up there, but I do draw strength from the mountains.

A good friend of mine, EH, commented on her blog how she loves the water and draws strength from it. I get alot of strength from the water too. (Just ask my mom how hard it was to keep my cousins and me out of the river when we were up visiting my Grandmother!) But I'd have to say that the mountains of North Carolina are my "special place."

Another change that I noticed was that they have cleared the lot across from my office since we left. I always hate to see trees come down - even in a city. Oh well, I guess it is "progress."

Anyway, that is about all that I'm going to write for tonight. I am ready to go home and get some supper. Don't worry, though. I'll be back tomorrow and will tell you more about the trip and start sharing some photos!

Have a great evening!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have found that I draw strength from passing water...but that's just me.

WB

Jonathan said...

I dunno. That always kind of makes me relax. You know, you're always so worked up when you gotta go, and then you TCB and ahhhh!