Friday, August 27, 2004

Hello Again

Hey folks. Sorry I've been so slack lately. I haven't had a lot to write about and have also had some personal correspondence that I have needed to take care of. Last week I had 2 or 3 long emails to write and also wrote a very long letter. The letter took alot of time. It was a disciplinary letter, and those are never any fun to write. It was a pretty long one too. I wanted to take my time with it because I wanted to make sure that I was being very careful with my words. I also wanted to make sure that I had carefully considered the advice that I was giving. Hopefully it will be received well, however, I am doubtful that it has been. I would have heard back from the other party by now (I think) if they had been able to receive what I had to say. Oh well, I've done what I could do.

My Dad and I travelled to Boca Raton on Sunday for a sales retreat. It was a good time. I didn't think that they would allow me into the training sessions, but they did. That really prevented me from taking much time to look around while I was down there. We didn't have much time. We were only there for about 48 hours. I did get some good reading in while I was there, though. I finished up a biography called Boyd and started on bios on John Wesley and John Paul Jones. Both are well written, but I am having a difficult time connecting with Wesley or Jones as characters.

Florida really isn't my favorite place. Most of it is ghastly (to me) with a few really pretty places. I just don't get into scrubby undergrowth and swamp. It is just hard to beat North Carolina. If we had the beautiful water in NC that they do in Florida, you would have a hard time prying me away. I'll be heading back down to Florida in February and hope to get some diving in. I'd like to go over to Crystal River and dive with the manatees. It sounds like a pretty fun outing.

Since I have gotten back, the weather here has been gorgeous. It has been really hard to stay in the office! I guess that is also a contributing factor to my blogging delinquency. I have just been ready to get out of the office by the end of the day and take advantage of the gorgeous weather of our waning summer. That being said, I'm outta here! It is just too pretty to stay in the office any longer!

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

As always, WB, your encouragement is overwhelming! You're just jealous that you don't get to come along. Of course, how much fun could it be diving with manatees when you could dive in your bayou with its zero visibility and 12' gators? I don't care what you say, that WASN'T a fish!