Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Few Days Away

Huzzah! Tomorrow is the departure day for a camping trip with a friend of mine. I have been counting down on Facebook for a few days now and tomorrow is the big day! I have needed some time away and it will be fun to get out of Rowan County for a weekend.

Originally we had planned to go to bee-U-ti-ful Julian Price Park on the Blue Ridge Parkway just outside of Blowing Rock. However, I discovered today that their campsites don't open until May 15. Bummer. So as an alternative we have decided to go to Cade's Cove in Great Smoky Mountains National Park. It should be a fun trip. It is a little further away, but I haven't been there in years, and I'm looking forward to visiting some of the places that I used to go with another friend. I hope that we get to see some wildlife, and I just discovered that Rocky Top is within walking distance from the park. (But then again, so is San Francisco.... We'll see if I venture that far.)

I was thwarted in my efforts today to finish planting my garden. Unfortunately the drive shaft that dad had bought for the tiller didn't fit. We ended up taking it back and then going to the John Deere place only to discover that they didn't have what we needed either. They have ordered it and it should be in tomorrow. Unfortunately, I won't be here when it gets in. Hopefully this will fix our problem with the tiller, and I'll be able to finally till the entire garden without it breaking! I have purchased most of my plants and have also discovered a large collection of seeds that my dad had in his freezer. I look forward to getting things squared away when I get back. I have expanded the garden considerably this year. I hope that it will be big enough to handle all that I hope to plant. And I hope that I will be big enough to keep up with it!

I'll share pictures when I get back!

No comments: