Friday, August 01, 2008

Corn Huskin' Time In Nebraska

Corn tassels in the August sun
I dated a girl briefly in college who used to sing a song called "When It's Corn Huskin' Time In Nebraska." In fact, once, on a Spring Break mission trip to Atlanta, she sang this song at the top of her lungs on a city bus. Needless to say, our little ray of sunshine attracted quite a few odd looks. And one rather odd-looking man left the bus in great haste at the next stop.

Oh well, enough of that. I don't know if it is corn huskin' time in Nebraska or not, but it sure is corn pickin', huskin', silkin', and cannin' time in my garden. Tomorrow we will be picking the Silver Queen corn, shucking it, silking it, cutting it off the cob, and canning it.

Dad wants to start at 7:30 AM, which it turns out is in the morning.

This means that I won't be able to go on and on about what is happening in the garden tonight. Perhaps I can regale you tomorrow. I have some interesting photos to share with you, and I may work on getting some others taken as well. ¡Hasta maƱana!

No comments: