Thursday, August 14, 2008

Busted

John Edwards the lecher
Someone asked me the other day what I thought about the whole John Edwards situation. I can say that I am absolutely not surprised. And I'd bet you a dollar to a doughnut that he's still lying. You can't cover up character flaws. The flaws that were blatantly obvious to me since he took office as a NC Senator have merely been shown to the world.

In all of the hoopla surrounding this story the only candid thing that he has said that I believe is that he didn't believe that he would get caught. I guess he figured that the rules don't apply to him because he is so pretty and because he was slick enough to dupe several juries (and quite a few of the American public) into believing his various assorted loads of bull.

I personally hope that this removes his name forever from consideration for any public office.

The problem is that he isn't the only one - and I'm not just talking about Democrats either. The level of corruption in our society has reached such a level that it just nauseates me to think about it. It seems like fewer and fewer people have any notion of what holiness is and even fewer care if they are pursuing it. I am so tired of the constant disappointment when people all around me continue to fall, and when I hear time and time again of people who claim to be Christian who openly assent to the fact that they are going to do what they want to do even if it flies in the face of scripture.

I have been praying for quite some time now that God would expose those in our government who are cheating, stealing and living immoral lives. It would seem that He is answering my prayer.

No comments: