Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Don't Give Up

Sorry about the delay in posting. I am still somewhat in the process of recovering from my surgery. The good news is that the draining has all stopped! I am also gaining my stamina back, but not quite as fast as I thought. I had to drive about 2 hours and 40 minutes this past weekend and it pretty well did me in!

Then there are the other aspects of recovery. I moved back into my house after a 2 month stay with my parents this past Friday. Amazing how much needs to be done when you have been gone for a while! Of course it is a sum of the stuff that needed to be done before you left, then there is the stuff that needed to be done since you left, then there is the unpacking from moving back in, plus the new stuff that needs to be done. It is enough to make you want to sit on the couch and watch cartoons.

Unfortunately, time management isn't one of my fortes. I know that we all have 24 hours, but I have this sneaking suspicion that someone out there has figured out a way to bend time to their own purposes. Of course, then it would stand to reason that if someone out there has figured out a way to hog time then that time must be coming from somewhere else so that the equilibrium of the system can be maintained. In other words, someone out there is stealing from my time banks!

I have also been having computer problems. My main computer has been afflicted ever since SP2 for Windows XP Professional came out. I am very annoyed with "Sir" Bill Gates right now. He was trying to expand his monopoly (without testing the software) and has totally screwed up everyone I know who downloaded the new service pack. Lately, it has been causing my computer to crash when I boot up. It is very annoying. As a result, I'm strongly considering switching to a Linux OS when I buy my next computer. I guess it will all depend on whether I can do what I need to with that OS.

But seriously, I am still working on the honor post, just not in public. I started some writing on the laptop that is looking pretty good, I just have to make some time to finish it up. Once I get it finished and polished up I'll post it here. Hopefully I can do that this week - what's left of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yo, you have a Terrific blog here! Lots of content means more readers, more readers means more interaction!
I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a
window xp softwaresite/blog. It pretty much covers window xp software related stuff.
Come take a Look when you get a chance. :-)